OUR CONFESSION: We believe Jesus is the Christ, the only Son of the living God; that He died as the only possible remedy for our sins according to the Scriptures; that he was buried; raised from the dead; that he was seen. (Matthew 16:16; 1 Corinthians 15:3–6)
OUR MISSION: We will lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by creating churches where people are drawn and equipped to pursue intimacy with God, interdependence with other believers and influence with those far from God.
OUR VISION: We will be a church for people convinced church is irrelevant.
OUR VALUES: The values of Radius are like promises. They are distinct features that, when practiced together, make Radius unlike any other organization.
1. WE WANT TO BE CLOSE TO GOD. God wants an intimate, growing relationship with each one of us and invites us through habits like prayer, worship, Scripture study to live closer and closer with Him. (Psalm 42:1 - 2; Matthew 14:23; John 15:4 - 7; John 17:3, 20 - 21; Acts 2:42 - 47; Ephesians 3:12; Philippians 3:8 - 11 ; 1 John 2:24; Exodus 33:15; Hebrews 10:19 - 22; 2 Timothy 3:16)
2. WE EACH HAVE A RADIUS. God’s purpose for you begins with the people you already know. We invest relationally, share courageously and invite constantly. (Deuteronomy 6:7; John 1:45 - 46; 4:29; Matthew 5:16; Matthew 10:32; Matthew 28:19 - 20; Acts 1:8; 1 Corinthians 7:16; 1 Peter 3:15)
3. WE DO GOOD GREAT. We strive for excellence because Christ and the people He loves are worth it. (Exodus 31:2 - 7; Romans 12:4 - 8; 1 Corinthians 15:58; 2 Corinthians 9:8; Ephesians 2:10; Colossians 3:17, 23; 2 Timothy 3:16 - 17; Titus 3:8, 14; Hebrews 10:24; 1 Peter 2:12)
4. WE PROVIDE SHOCKING HOSPITALITY. Feeling welcomed is the first step to feeling like you belong, and some people will need to belong before they ever believe. Here, it’s Ok to not be OK. We’re here for the left out, the kept out and the checked out. (Isaiah 58:7; Luke 14:13 - 14; Acts 16:15; Romans 12:20; Hebrews 13:2; 1 Peter 4:9; 3 John 5 – 6)
5. WE LEAD IN IRRATIONAL GENEROSITY. As stewards, it’s an honor to sacrifice what we do and what we have for Christ and His Church. (Exodus 35:21 - 29; Leviticus 23:38; Proverbs 25:21; Isaiah 58:7; Malachi 3:10; Matthew 6:19–24 ; Mark 12:42 - 44; Luke 3:11; 19:11–27; Philippians 4:14 - 16; 2 Corinthians 8:7 - 9; 9:7; 11:9; 1 Timothy 6:17–19; Hebrews 13:16; 1 John 3:17)
HISTORY OF RADIUS
Radius officially launched February 2015 in North Hollywood, CA.
From a core team of 25, Radius launched weekly services in February, 2015 and now serve as many as 570 adults and 100 kids and youth weekly (non-Holiday figures).
Our vision: To change the world by reaching 1% of the Valley (27,000 people and families) by 2035 (a 26.5% annual growth rate) through campus planting.
Over 85% of our attendance claim “word of mouth” as the way they found Radius.
20–40% of our average weekly attendance are from dis-churched (no consistent church attendance in last 3 years) or unchurched people (no history of consistent church engagement).
More than 51% of those that attend Radius are involved in a “circle” environment designed to meet them where they are at and specifically to grow their relationship with Jesus.
Radius is not committed to addition. Radius is committed to multiplying.
Radius started in a small casting studio with a handful of people who simply followed Jesus to start a church against impossible odds. In February 2015, when we had critical mass, we launched weekly services. That year, we hosted our first Easter at The Federal Bar and 292 adults showed up! Soon, we had to move out of the small casting studio into AMP Studios. In September of 2019, after outgrowing our meeting space at AMP Studios we have moved into meeting at East Valley High School.
Our vision is to reach at least 1% of the Valley by 2035.
27,000 souls who God knows and calls by name.
If Radius plans to never turn our back to people, filling up our space leads us to only a couple of options: 1) Add services. 2) Secure a permanent larger space. 3) Plant campuses.
We’re willing to add more services. Our move to East Valley High School has created more space, but eventually this will only come with a bigger price tag and a bigger and bigger crowd in which to get overlooked. It becomes a greater challenge to ensure that we are paying attention to each individual person. That we are looking people in the eye, making sure that they know they are seen and that they are loved. Jesus didn’t die for numbers, Jesus died for names. We truly believe that names are better than numbers.
In addition to serving more people, we’re seeing an increase in the number of people traveling over 30 minutes from where they live to where we meet. This works for the committed, but it doesn’t work for the people in their lives who think church is irrelevant. So, we think God is calling us to do something His people have always done.
in 2020, we will move OUT of just one space that many people commute to and move IN to a closer radius of the people we are called to reach.
This is going to stretch us. It’ll compel some of us to raise our leadership game. It’s going to compel some of us to serve more and give more. We’re going to risk, we’re going to grow our faith together. But we’re convinced God’s already planted in us the people He will use to birth two additional locations. Unlikely leaders, creatives, builders.
This gives us multiple venues and multiple stages and multiple projects to grow people in their God-given, unique abilities. It gives us even more chances to welcome variety, diversity and surprises as we take on the beautiful nature of multiple communities.
We no longer want to be in a position to worry about how many seats we have left. We will focus ONLY on the people we can reach. We want to position ourselves within the power of God.
We don’t want to live for the comfortable. We want to give our lives to something that reaches a culture, maybe even the world.
If God gave His life for them, what won’t we give, where won’t we go?
We are so thankful for those who’ve joined with us so far. They include the following: